Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Good Hadid For The Day

Last week, I spent most of my morning typing away at a trend newsletter on influential women designers for a client. My boss Renee-nee narrowed the designers down to Eva Zeisel, Kelly Wearstler (yay!), Patricia Urquiola and Zaha Hadid.

For those who know Rem Koolhaas-trained Hadid -- and also have read Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead -- will probably understand why I associate her with Rand's protagonist Howard Roark: a visionary architect who creates and does the impossible without wavering from her utmost vision, despite all opposition from the critics and the masses.

Hadid gained notoriety first through her paintings, which served as blueprints for the fluid, deconstructivist buildings she dreamed of creating. She now no longer needs any introduction in the design world.

Having one of her paintings on my wall would be even better than a walk through any one of her famous buildings.

For real.












I'm Lovin' it: My very sweet co-worker Nicky P. grabbing me an apple juice this afternoon, just as my sugar levels were starting to plummet. I'm ready to take on the work world once again. Ah yes, and these three looks from the new RM By Roland Mouret collection.









I'm Over it: Stuck at work again. Friends are at the beach. Blech.


Album of the Day: "Soundboy Rock" by Groove Armada. You like electro? You like UK artists? You like their remix of the Sex & The City theme song? Then you'll like-y this vinyl, too.







www.myspace.com/groovearmada



* Photos property of style.com, Google Images and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home