Thursday, July 12, 2007

My Name Is Gladiator

The city is in midst of a major heat wave.

It's too uncomfortable to wear jeans, too hot to eat (the best diet ever!) and too sweaty to wear closed-toed shoes.

Welcome to the season of gladiator sandals.

Two months ago, my dear old granny shipped me a navy duffel (which is, no joke, as large as a body bag) full of my shoes. I waited anxiously because I just knew my beloved white Zara gladiators -- which have served me oh-so-well the past four summers -- where somewhere in there, buried among the platforms and stilettos.

I was completely horrified and crushed when I realized my Zaras weren't in there. It appears granny decided to huck them in the garbage, due to the four years of considerable wear and tear they suffered -- she just didn't understand that it wasn't cruel and unusual punishment I put them through, it was footwear love.

Time to go shoe shopping. Once again.


* Note to readers: Yes, not everyone likes gladiators. I forgive you.
















I'm Lovin' it: Rachel Antonoff and Alison Lewis -- the creative minds behind the label Mooka Kinney -- have mad styles.






I'm Over it: All these apres-work meetings with other parties about doing more work. By logical deduction, this means no time left over for little, ole me. Just how I like it.


Track of the Day: "I'm From NY" by Basement Jaxx. Serious hardcore electro is exactly what this track is. Lots of echoing shout-outs (think DJ Clue, but less annoying and in electronica-speak). A deep, rumbling bass gets your body moving, while a digital voice intro encourages you to, "Spank it!"

In high school, this track was voted most likely to play in a gay club or at Lotus Sound Lounge.








www.myspace.com/basementjaxx



* Photos property of anthropologie.com, victoriassecret.com, nextag.com, nytimes.com, Googe Images and are used solely for commentary purposes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home