Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Principessa For The Day

My weekend sure consisted a lot of window shopping during the day.

I hadn't yet gotten the chance to check out Abbott Kinney in Venice since my residency in Santa Monica began this past May, but Sunday seemed like the perfect day to do so.

Though I was pretty hungry and cranky by the time my pal R. and I started perusing the shops, the pangs subsided (a little) when we entered this fabulous and cozy little boutique called Principessa. The vibe was completely bohemian couture: Desanka tops, Loeffler Randall peep-toe flats, and my absolute FAVORITE -- a beyond gorgeous white, turquoise blue, and gold top/short dress by Milly of New York.

The tag screamed, "Out of your budget!", but I'm waiting for that mega blow-out sale.

And that better be damn soon, preferably before the summer lets out and before my tan begins to fade.







I'm Lovin' it: Indie clothing labels with awesomely funny names. Hits from this weekend include Young Fabulous & Broke (complete with a black and white photo that looks very JT LeRoy-ish) and Super Lucky Kitty.



I'm Over it: American Apparel. Didn't like the store at all. I suppose cotton clothing -- especially plain cotton stretch skirts for nearly $40 -- is not my steez. Creepy, intense cashier guy didn't help the situation any either.

Track of the Day: "Hard to Beat" by Hard Fi. These Londoners seriously rock the freakin' house. They're definitely 80s-influenced. Which is great, since I'm an 80s baby!


* photos property of neimanmarcus.com, vibeclothing.com, and millyny.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home