Monday, March 06, 2006

I Wear My Sunglasses At Night

Sunglasses have become a nouveau status symbol.

Dior, Chanel, Prada, Cavalli, Versace, Police, Tom Ford, Oliver Peoples, Spy, Oakley -- there's a set to suit your every mood.

I bought myself two pairs of sunglasses in the span of 21 days. No, no. They're not of the $400 variety, but a stylish lady never reveals the real price of her shades. In the first pair I bought, I've been told I look like a molester. FYI, mirrored shades do not always equate molester status, thank you very much. In the second set, I basically look like a bug. My friend L. told me with them on, I'm just sunglasses and teeth. But they are so fanabulous and were such a steal, I don't care if I look like the long lost relative of Cousin It. I feel like a friggin' celebutante in them. Not that I should be bragging about that really.

The old adage may say a girl can never have too many shoes, but in this day and age of equality and excessive luxury consumerism, a girl or guy can never, ever have enough sunglasses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home