Monday, November 28, 2005

Lemon Aid

For years, my mom has extolled the virtues of lemons. They're great as a food flavor, great as a drink ingredient, and great for garnishing alcoholic beverages. But great for combating cringe-inducing blemishes? Who knew!

So for the past week and a half, I've been cutting myself a wedge of lemon before bedtime, squeezing the juice contents in my hand (after slathering on magical vitamin E cream from Shopper's Drug Mart, a pharm chain in Canada) and rubbing the stuff onto my face.

Let me tell you, it hurts like hell. Open pores + acidic substance = extreme pain (you'll want to die, but it's worth it).

But I guarantee the next day your skin is smoother and the blemishes are noticeably lighter. Any pesky pimples rearing their ugly white heads will perish in the juice as well, or at least be on its way to a sure death. My mom never used anything but lemon on her face, and her skin is so smooth and flawless I get jealous looking at it.

Maybe I should cut myself two wedges tonight.





I'm Lovin' it: Jana Feifer handbags. I'm in lust with a turquoise and gold mock-croc wallet number I snagged at a Planet Lulu sample sale a few months ago, and so is everyone else who lays eyes on it. Check out the too-cute leather clutch with three inside pockets.

I'm Over it: Mischa Barton getting engaged to rocker Cisco Adler. His hair is as long as hers.

Track Classic of the Day: "Today Was A Good Day" by Ice Cube. This old school gangsta joint never gets tired. Hey, did y'all here that Chris Tucker got $20 mil for "Rush Hour 3"? He's come a long way since last "Friday".

* photo courtesy of itsalldirect2u.com



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home