Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Third Degree

I know, I know. It's only been two posts and I'm already lagging behind with my third. I'll have you know my tardiness was all in the name of friendship -- had to see a friend before he headed to Chi-town for Labor Day Weekend and absolutely had to see my L.A. BFF, whom I seriously had't seen in a month because of her crazy design school schedule. Damn you, FIDM! (That's the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising for those confused)

After some green tea at Urth Cafe (a place I am so digging at the moment with its organic, all natural menu -- try the peach cobbler on your next visit) and a little saunter on Melrose (love, love, love the Wasteland Vintage store!), it was off to Ocean Avenue for me. This meant another little saunter to Santa Monica's Third Street Promenade. The last time I (barely) remember setting foot on Third Street was a few months ago leaving Barney's Beanery, the last bar stop on a fun and very lush Friday night. However, yesterday's mission had less to do with a Vodka-7 and more to do with finding my friend a white racerback tunic tank from Pink Ice on the Promenade -- which, by the way folks, is only $9.99, y'all! There are still some colors left to take you through the rapidly fleeting days of summer and into early fall.

Highlights of the journey down Third Street: cheap tunic tanks at Pink Ice, awesomely funny coffeetable books at Urban Outfitters (for all my independent women out there, check out The Modern Girl's Guide to Life by Jane Buckingham), a very short-looking Pauly Shore surrounded by a camera crew (reality TV show, perhaps?), the gray and black top half-only short-sleeve shirts from Arden B., and a very tripped out hippie saleslady at the Chanel make-up counter in Robinson's May.

I'm Lovin' it: Every single CD cover for the house music mix collection Hed Kandi. Been driving myself b-a-n-a-n-a-s trying to Google who the artist is, but no pot-o-gold yet. The website doesn't seem to shout out the artist either. Anyone know? www.hedkandi.com

I'm Over it: Gas prices. 'Nuff said.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OHMAGAH-Hed Kandi!?!?!? TOTALLY j'adore it! It's tres awesome!

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home