Thursday, January 21, 2010

Jean Paul Gaultier Fall 2010 Menswear.

The menswear shows for Fall 2010 are happening in Milan right now, and though I haven't typically followed men's collection on my blog, I really found the recent Jean Paul Gaultier one entertaining.

Gaultier sent his pretty male models bloody, scraped and bruised down the runway, sometimes with gloves or hooded capes on, as if they just stepped out of the boxing ring -- and as Andre 3000 gently raps in the Outkast track "Spottieottiedopaliscious" -- it was if "Holyfield has just won the fight".

Even the designer sent himself out mangled, a very different way of taking a bow than the regular, boring wave to the elite fashion crowd.

Knock out.











I'm Lovin' it: Guess who's shooting Phoenix at tomorrow night's show, in the photo pit with the rest of the pro shutterbugs? Woo hoo! Thanks to D. Tang, who's very, VERY kindly letting me use his SLR.





I'm Over it: Wish people in this city dressed up just a little bit more. Let's get creative, people! I've had a few inquiring looks at my outfit today, and I honestly don't think it's that crazy at all. Not in the slightest, actually.


Track of the Day: "Promise Me Nothing" by Repercussions. Funky, jazzy soul rock. Just the kind of happy song to go with this pretty happy kind of day.





* Photos property of nymag.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home