Monday, January 18, 2010

Golden Globes 2010.

Last night, I forced Ty and Neil to watch the Golden Globes, since I'm currently without a television (my roomie just moved out because she bought a place and the set was hers).

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do to watch the GG's, even if it means crashing their sports party to use Ty's.

In general, I was unimpressed by what I saw on the red carpet, but the votes I did have went to a few Pretty Young Indie Things: Chloe Sevigny in ruffly Valentino, Maggie Gyllenhaal in tight RM by Roland Mouret and, although she's not quite that indie, Ginnifer Goodwin in a drape-y, cocktail length Vionnet.






Honorable mentions go to Zoe Saldana in shredded Louis Vuitton and -- always a winner in my eyes -- Penelope Cruz in black lacy Armani Prive (not Chanel?!).





On another note, I LOVE ROBERT DOWNEY, JR. Why? Oh, because of this:





I'm Lovin' it: Last Thursday, I met a few good people at a restaurant relaunch, including a fashion stylist named Deanna, who had on these sick Yves Saint Laurent zip-up flat boots.




I'm Over it: This no TV thing has got to go. How am I going to watch The Buried Life?! Ty...


Track of the Day: "1963" by Rachel Yamagata. It's like Joss Stone jam in her hey-day, but much, much better. I hear her Happenstance album is a must-have!





* Photos property of style.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home