Thursday, November 19, 2009

Rest In Peace, Daul Kim.

I write this with the heaviest of hearts and in a teary blur of sadness.

A few posts ago, I blogged about one of my favorite models: the Seoul-born Daul Kim.

This morning, my girlfriend Candy S. called to tell me that Daul had been found dead in Paris at the age of 20. Though it has yet to be confirmed, sources report she committed suicide.

Her blog I Like To Fork Myself was a regular weekly read of mine, and her modeling talent always blew me away. Daul was stunning, witty, insightful and just the kind of bright star the mannequin world needed, someone devoid of blandness, frivolity and shallowness.

A look at her New York Magazine Fashion Model Profile will tell you that she had many, many friends and supporters in the industry, including her agency Next and NY Mag's The Cut, for whom she often video-chronicled her daily shenanigans during Fashion Week.

Click here for a post The Cut has just done in honor of her.

Daul, you will be missed more than you know.

Rest in peace.

















* Photos property of RUSSH, Google Images, New York Magazine and are used solely for commentary purposes

1 Comments:

Anonymous yvr said...

it's incredibly sad.
She was so young, so talented, interesting and so out of the mold as far as models go (or so it seems to an outsider like me.)

and her last post posted yesterday "say hi to forever": so ominous.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home