Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Concrete Creation.

The amount of creative and aesthetic genius bottled in the minds of designers -- and not just sartorial ones -- always leaves me speechless and immensely envious of such talent.

Check out these perfume bottles with concrete tops, by Hamburg designer Alexa Lixfield.

The three-scent collection is called Fragrance (I love the simplicity and frankness of the name, too), each one coming with a different colored concrete lid.

Now that's solid.







I'm Lovin' it: Karl Lagerfeld and Purple magazine's Olivier Zahm have come together for a new glossy publication for Chanel, aptly called 31 Rue Cambon, after the address of Chanel's first boutique. Can you imagine the amazing photography it holds?! It'll be hard to decide whose shots you like better, Karl's or Olivier's...






I'm Over it: After years of swearing to myself I'd never buy a pair, I am dangerously close to purchasing Uggs after borrowing Berry's set for one of my Halloween costumes this year. Noooooooooooooo!


Track of the Day: "We Still Got the Taste Dancing on Our Tongues" by Wild Beasts. The band hails from Kendal, England. The track is fantastical sounding indie rock. Two thumbs up.





* Photos property of Alexa Lixfield, 31 Rue Cambon, Karl Lagerfeld, Olivier Zahm and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home