Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Favorite Things.

Hi kids,

It's time for another one of those posts, a visual collection of all things that have caught my eye in the past week but didn't have time to individually post about.

Voila!


Saw these lace-up boot/heel/sandal things at Forever 21 the other day. Ran around like mad trying to find them in size 6, only to discover this lone size 8 was the only pair left. But they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's my own personal snap (which happens to be saying "omigod" a thousand times).




Hello, Lia Kes. The Israeli-born designer -- who taught herself to sew at age 12 -- founded her eponymous line in 2003, a few years after she moved to New York. Now you can find her wares at Bloomie's, Barneys and Neiman Marcus. And her Holiday '09 dresses are absolutely sick.




It appears Karl Lagerfeld is checking out photos during an ad campaign shoot for Chanel. Sans sunglasses. This is the first time I've laid eyes on Kaiser Karl without them on. He ain't no spring chicken, but god, do I love him.




KAWS collaborated with Kiehl's on bottles for the RxArt non-profit organization. Kool.




Really digging this Mario Sorrenti shot of Scarlett Johansson for Mango. Very '80s-inspired. Great graff backdrop.




Demi Moore is killing it in Spring 2010 Balmain on the cover of W magazine.




Sam Edelman's Zoe booties are a blatantly obvious Balenciaga knock-off. That's okay for those like me, who can't support any price tags in the five to six-figure range.






Louis Vuitton has made a first aid kit. Honestly, the only thing that'll be hurting is your bank account after swiping plastic on this, but think about it: LV-monogrammed gauze?! Awesome.






Lately I've been rather hellbent on finding myself a great vest. Here's one.




I'd really like to do a DIY version of these white charm chandeliers by Winnie Lui.






I'm Lovin' it: This weekend, I was telling my fella how much I admire resourceful people. That explains my obsession with the TV show Survivorman. It also explains my constant clicking on the blog PS I Made This. The gal behind it all turned rolls of clear packing tape, ribbon and silver metal hex nuts into a statement necklace. Brilliant.




I'm Over it: Can't wear my new lace-up suede booties because it won't stop downpouring outside. Drats.


Track of the Day: I downloaded N.A.S.A.'s album The Spirit of Apollo this weekend. So good. Check out "Gifted", featuring Kanye West, Santogold and Lykke Li. It sounds like it should be on Kanye's 808s & Heartbreak album.






* Photos property of Haute Hippie, FWD, PS I Made This, Lia Kes, Winnie Lui, Mango and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home