Monday, November 23, 2009

My Space (Ring).

Ever since being green became the new black, the number of established brands and upstart ones touting their eco-friendliness by way of textiles, production and practice continues to rise.

Of course, it's fantastic that these clothing brands are down for prolonging our planet's life -- and then there's Alex and Ani, a stateside jewellery line from Carolyn Rafaelian that uses recycled material to create exquisite baubles.

As you already know, I'm a huge fan of piling on the bracelets, so you can imagine my delight playing around with the Bangle Bar on the Alex and Ani site, where you can choose between metals, types and colors up to 12 bangles.

As you also know, I'm an even bigger fan of huge statement rings, so you can imagine my utter delight in discovering the Space Ring, made of recycled metal plated in gold with a black gem inflected with gold sparkles.

Out of this world, I tell ya.






I'm Lovin' it: Ever since I lost my fringe bag to the Great Purse Rack in the Sky (well, actually, to a cabbie that never returned it), I've been hunting for a replacement. Two months later, Rebecca Minkoff comes through with the Love Letter Satchel. I'd take it in either purple or black. Or both.





I'm Over it: Saw Twilight: New Moon at a Saturday matinee with Albs. Was highly entertained, but slightly disturbed by the fact that I think 17-year-old Taylor Lautner is really kind of cute. YIKES.




Track of the Day: "Crown on the Ground" by Sleigh Bells. The group is an electro duo from New York. The track is in-your-face. Their music makes you think you need to adust your bass levels. But it's all deliberate distortion, so leave it that way and bounce to it.






* Photos property of Sleigh Bells, shopbop.com, Twilight and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home