Monday, October 05, 2009

Balmain Spring 2010.

Rewind back to a few seasons before, when the names Balmain and its designer, Christophe Decarnin, were only on the lips of those who knew what was what (and who was who) in the industry.

Now -- partially due to knockoffs -- members of the general public also have an inkling of Balmain and Decarnin, or at the very least have lusted after recent pieces from the label.

And yeah, Decarnin did the big-shouldered, band-slash-military jackets that every soft and hardcore fashion lover desperately tried to land in either the cheap & cheerful (Topshop) or much expensive (an actual Balmain) form.

Decarnin is proving he's no one-trick pony.

Feast your eyes on his current ready-to-wear collection, an amalgamation of disco, cave woman and everything else that'll be deemed cool for Spring 2010.

It's a Happy Monday, indeed.














I'm Lovin' it: The lovely Sara Pereira sent me some personalized Haute Note stationary with my name on it. What a sweetheart!





I'm Over it: The a**hole hacker that hacked into my Yahoo and Hotmail accounts today. All while I was away from my laptop for barely two hours. Thanks a lot, buddy. Glad to know you have such worthwhile things to do with your time. Good thing I was able to finally troubleshoot the problem. Whew!


Track of the Day: The Junior Boys are coming back into town this week! I would like to go. Like a lot.






* Photos property of nymag.com, Haute Hippie and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home