Monday, September 21, 2009

Shoes at Schouler.

Proenza. Schouler.

I was completely blown away with the Spring 2010 collection of Vogue favorites Jack McCullough and Lazaro Hernandez. A few seasons ago, I wouldn't have considered myself a huge fan of the label, but I've increasingly grown fond of Proenza Schouler in the more recent ones.

Everything for Spring 2010 was bright and bold, and the attention to unexpected detail in prints, embellishments, fabrics and shape left me wanting to examine the entire collection up close and personal.







I must say, though, I'm not sure how I would do walking in these Proenza platforms -- a broken ankle would not be a great way to start Fall '09 -- but I've zipped myself into my high suede booties today to practice tottering around, just in case I ever get my hands on these beauties.







I'm Lovin' it: These Madison Harding Cyndi Boots. Once again, there is a good reason why I'm spending my Monday running around in extra high heels. Practice makes perfect!




I'm Over it: I tried on these Alexander Wang boots for Fall '09 yesterday, except in the distressed white and black leather. They were about an extra ten pounds on my feet. Those silver buckles were unnecessarily heavy -- walking around in these every day would give any girl massive calf muscles.




Track of the Day: "Skeleton Boy" by Friendly Fires. It's not that new, but it's that good.





* Photos property of nymag.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home