Wednesday, July 29, 2009

C'est Chaud.

Holy. Moly.

The heat blanketing this city right now just cannot be legal in either ten provinces, three territories or 50 states.

Tower and rotating fans aren't helping most local folk out, so if you have an actual AC unit, then bravo, you lucky bastards.

Or if you happen to be free to hit up a pool, good for you, too. I just ran into an acquaintance of mine (twice in two hours, actually!) who does marketing for Red Bull across the country, and apparently RB staff have the unwritten luxury of taking the rest of the day off to find said pool to cool down in. Once again, lucky bastards!

Currently my sleepwear attire consists of my birthday suit, and let me tell ya, it's not working very well and there's not much less you can wear from there!

That being said, I'll stop whining because eight months (or more) of the year consist of us complaining about how much it rains, so keep on shining down, Mr. Sun.


Here's what I need to beat the heat:

Del Monte Strawberry Kiwi popsicles. They're real fruit flavor, and I feel fairly guiltless eating them (yep, that was plural).

A bikini. I like this Eres one.




Spray bottle filled with H20 to spritz myself. Had one handy while on my girl Ovitch's patio yesterday. Though I ended up smelling faintly of a mountain-y fresh scent, I was cool as a cucumber (at least until the water evaporated, which gave me about three minutes of cool).

Mags. W magazine is nice, and so is Wired. I'm a geek. And Brad Pitt's on the new issue.




A cold glass of Coca-Cola. I'm not a soda drinker at all, but you can't go wrong with Coke and ice in a glass. Or in an original glass bottle.


So take that, stifling humidity!


I'm Lovin' it: The fact that New York artist Terence Koh got married to his long-time partner in a wedding gown. Of course he did!




I'm Over it: No matter how high a setting I put my fan at, my bedroom still feels like 33 degrees celsuis.


Music of the Day: Foreign Born from Los Angeles. In all honesty, this was an indie-pop discovery made while reading the June issue of Wired yesterday. Thanks, Chris Anderson and crew! Interesting fact: Matt Popieluch, the band leader, has a day job as an L.A. groundskeeper.






* Photos property of nancymeyer.com, style.com, wired.com, superhumanoids.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home