Wednesday, May 06, 2009

So Cool.

Sarah Watson, an art student at the University of Central Lancashire, pulled a David Copperfield and made an old school Czech Skoda Fabia car disappear.

She did it with creativity and a little bit of paint, though, not some bogus hocus-pocus.

The artistic process took about three weeks, and is really one of the coolest arty creations I've seen thus far this year.

If only dear Watson could make my parking tickets vamoose, too.








I'm Lovin' it: There were a lot of short hemlines at the Costume Institute gala at the Met in New York last night. Apparently it was a request from co-chair Marc Jacobs to trade long gowns for short club dresses -- and the throngs complied, naturally! How adorable was Leighton Meester in runway Louis Vuitton?!





I'm Over it: I keep on eating Steph A.'s lemon birthday cake! Knew I shouldn't have taken the leftovers home.


Track of the Day: A back-and-forth email exchange with Trini making fun of late 80s/early 90s hip hop duo Kid 'n' Play led me to think of what old school music I kinda missed. Then I thought of "Freak Like Me" by Adina Howard. Classic 90s R&B jam. Fo' sho.








* Photos proper of inhabitat.com, starplus.com, justjared.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home