Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Who's That Girl?

Instead of blatantly showing us exactly who the new face for Chanel's Spring '09 ads is, Karl Lagerfeld decided to keep us guessing.

The first ad in the campaign series is a shot of a satiny, bow-ed up white heel peeking out from underneath a chiffon dress.

There aren't any clues to point us in the right guessing direction, so we'll have to wait for the next ads to come out.

Next time, I predict we get to see an arm. Then maybe a shoulder, possibly the point of a chin.

And then, finally, a face.

Perhaps Emma Watson?







I'm Lovin' it: I don't usually cry at the drop of a hat, but the montage scene near the end of yesterday's episode of Gossip Girl brought out some minor waterworks. Chuck and Blair, Blair and Chuck. Best. Couple. Ever. Fast forward to about 5:30 minutes for the full montage -- and to witness a distraught Chuck in his true love Blair's arms around 8 minutes. Ed Westwick is an acting GENIUS.








I'm Over it: Bad timing. Again. As of yesterday, I stopped myself from chasing pavements. Confused? I suggest Google. Anyway, I really didn't want to stop chasing pavements, but it was the right thing to do. Don't they always say the right thing is always the hardest thing? Timing, you suck.


Track of the Day: "Signs" by Bloc Party, from their newest album "Intimacy". This song was playing during that aforementioned GG montage. It's a heartbreaker. I suggest fast forwarding to about 2:40 minutes to hear the eerily beautiful transition-climax. Just heartbreaking. Anyway, amazing track and pretty great album, too.







* Photos property of Fashionologie, Chanel and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home