Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Stocking Stuffers Pour Moi

Yesterday at Chill Winston, our new bartender pal, Graham, asked Alexandra and I what he should put in his girlfriend's stocking for Christmas.

He had the big gift all bought and ready, but not the little fun ones.

That made me think of the things I wouldn't mind getting in mine.

In fact, I saw a few choice ideas this weekend while Christmas shopping with Steph A. last Sunday:


These awesome card-slash-ciggie cases. I can't remember who the artist is, but they really, really remind me of that art I saw and fell in love with at the Ayden Gallery last month.





This Cole Haan skinny clutch, but I'd use it as a wallet. It's purple and gold, which is apparently the color combination I've been gravitating toward of late. Oh, and check out the fancy tassel. Yeeeees. Tassels.





I'm Lovin' it: Scott Morrison of Earnest Sewn has been busy designing a whiskey lounge at Milk Studios in New York. It's basically a little haven for all the photographers and creative types that use the venue, like Terry Richardson and company. Anyway, it serves two types of beer on tap (Pabst and Newcastle Ale), as well as some whiskey. Plus there are plenty of internet hookups for writers and bloggers clacking away on their Macs. Wish I was pals with Terry so he could hook up the sweet Wi-Fi for me.





I'm Lovin' it, Part Deux: Me new ring!





I'm Lovin' it, Part Three: When someone says something unexpected, random and genuine to you that somehow brings everything back into perspective and personal equilibrium -- and don't even know they did it. Grazie, Graham. You're awesome, m' friend.



I'm Over it: My Scion, slipping and sliding away in the snow today.






Track of the Day: Here's a gem from Woxy: "Motiveless Crime" by South. From their "With The Tides" album. Love the transition at 2:43 minutes.







* Photos property of Haute Hippie, amazon.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home