Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Marc It Down

My girl Seems recently shared a little fashion secret with me that I'd like to pay forward you all. It's a good one.

Marc Jacobs apparently has a store in New York's Soho neighourhood called Marc Jacobs Stuff, which is pretty much his under-the-radar third line. It's all much cheaper in price point -- think of it as the Target of Marc Jacobs.

It's a definitely a New York thing, so only NY natives and a few very informed really know about it.

Anyway, Seema's friend brought two Stuff leather tote bags back from the Big Apple recently, and I just bought the second one off Seema for $69 because she doesn't need it. It's perfect for my laptop!

The inside tag is just hilarious, too. It reads: "Jacobs by Marc Jacobs for Marc by Marc Jacobs in collaboration with Marc Jacobs for Marc by Marc Jacobs" as a cheeky joke.

Oh Marc Jacobs, you're so clever.


PS. I posted a picture of the tag for your chuckling pleasure.

PPS. The dollar store chocolate advent calendar on the left behind the MJ tote is mine. The swank Lindt chocolate one on the right is Steffie's, my super awesome roomie. Huh. Me, a recessionista much? Yikes.








I'm Lovin' it: My best guy friend, Khaleel, is coming home from Zurich tomorrow! Hooray!! And for Christmas, I've given him the choice of getting me Narciso Rodriguez For Her (eau de parfum, of course) as he comes through duty free or purchasing this purple and gold-studded wallet from Stephanie Shih. Both would be fantastical, but I'll settle for one or the other.








I'm Over it: Why, oh why, did I decide to take this plate of goodies?! Like I need to consume more calories over the holidays. Val, who co-owns Blo Hair Bar in the city, gave me and Seems this plate of sweets, which Seems twisted my rubber arm to take home. That empty vanilla cupcake wrapper? Yeah, that was me. Apparently Val baked the chocolate ones. He never really struck either one of us as the baking type, but hey, friends are full of surprises sometimes. (Note to V: Sorry for posting a pic of you, but this one was too hilarious not to!)







Track of the Day: It's Christmas. Which means cheesy holiday songs. Like this one. It's my favorite. Please don't laugh. I'm allowed musical guilty pleasures sometimes, especially around this time of the year.







* Photos property of Haute Hippie, Val Litwin, bluefly.com, amazon.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home