Friday, November 07, 2008

Ro-Ro-Ro Your Boat

Discovering a label I haven't heard of before makes me as happy as a clam.

Or Carrie Bradshaw in a shoe store.

Today I came across Ali Ro, a hip, downtown-ish line that's been getting major props among those in Hollywoodland. But don't think aesthetics like Yana K. or feeble design attempts by starlet designers, think upwards of Jenni Kayne or Juan Carlos Obando (whose last collection was interestingly called "Liz Goldwyn vs. Frank Miller").

Ali Ro's silhouettes are flattering and easy to wear, which -- really -- is what any girl looks for in clothing. I'm very partial to the blouson plaid dress, because it would go so very well with my collection of boots, but what's new??

Ro rocks my boat.













I'm Lovin' it: OMG. Paul Smith did a limited-edition fisheye camera with Lomography Cameras. And it's only $150. And it has those candy-colored stripes I love so much. Digital cameras, pshaw.









I'm Over it: Blenz. It's all about working the the public library downtown now. Wow, I'm a nerd.


Photo of the Day: Girl in hat taken by Facehunter! I don't know why, but it reminds me of Guy Bourdin's photography. Maybe it's because all I can see are legs and no head. Yup, that's exactly why. So Guy Bourdin.









* Photos property of gilt.com, Paul Smith, Facehunter, Guy Bourdin and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home