Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Do It With Flare

Last Sunday, our clocks fell back an hour.

Skies are darkening sooner (everyone just loves when it's pitch black out at 4 pm) and temperatures continue to drop, meaning my beloved grey coat with three-quarter bell sleeves just isn't cutting it anymore.

The smart part of my brain should tell me to invest in a practical (but utterly stylish) wool funnel coat -- from Loeffler Randall preferably -- but instead the sartorially-obsessed part of my brain just made me fall in love with Opening Ceremony's Classic Flare Coat, buffalo plaid pattern, short-sleeves and all.

Good thing layering is a chic way to make it through the day, because with my arsenal of long-sleeve deficient coats, it's the only way I'm going to make it through a chilly Holiday '08.







I'm Lovin' it: These Calvin Klein flats in navy are too sweet for words. They remind me of my obsession with Irish highland dancing when I was nine, which in turn reminds me of Coco Rocha highland dancing down Jean Paul Gaultier's Fall/Winter 2007-2008 runway and right into the hearts of the fashion set.









I'm Over it: Not too sure if it's the weather, but my hair just won't hold curls right now. This is a major mane catastrophe because barrel curls are kind of my signature hair steez, done each a.m. with an inch-and- a-half round curling iron. Me: Not a happy camper.


Music of the Day: Anything from The Week That Was, hailing from the UK. I'm particularly partial to "Scratch The Surface". There's something distinctly Brit-rock about this band -- their sound reminds me of Hard-Fi a lot, who are also from across the pond.







* Photos property of twentythirtyforty.net, Who What Wear Daily, memphis-industries.com, vogue.co.uk and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home