Friday, October 17, 2008

Gettin' The Boot

So about five years ago, I was at this obscure -- but fantastic -- shoe store at a really ghetto strip mall in town with my girl Meeters.

She convinced me to get a pair of Chanel-esque boots that folded over (in a second layer over the boot body) with zippers running down the outside, after I hemmed and hawed about them for a good 20 minutes. I'm convinced she convinced me because she was hungry and just wanted me to hurry the hell up.

Hey whatever, though, because I walked out with boots that gave me endless compliments for the next few years, pretty much nabbed my internship with FASHION Magazine and got me writing about all things sartorial in the first place.

Then I came across these recently, which brought back fond memories of those nameless, label-less boots that helped make me the person I am today: Completely fashion-obsessed and chained to my laptop, writing at all hours of the day.

Life is good.







I'm Lovin' it: My girl Ovitch is in London right now on vacay and currently seeking out this chunky ring and oversized tunic vest (which will go SO well with my new Calvin Klein booties!) at Topshop for me. And all under £30!








I'm Over it: My hair. Thank god my trim is this afternoon.


Track of the Day: I'm obsessed with "Don Gon Do It" by The Rapture from their 2006 album "Pieces of People We Love" right now. I won't tell you how many times I've played it today. It's embarrassing, really. The Rapture NEEDS to come into town very, very soon so I can dance-rock my ass off. And if you don't have the album already, for the love of god and Balenciaga, please get it now.








* Photos property of splendora.com, topshop.co.uk and are used solely for commentary purposes

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Topshop and Topman.....
Just browsing... A

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home