Monday, October 06, 2008

Shoulder Shrug

Paris Fashion Week is always, always, always among the top two in the Fashion Week circuit for me.

The City of Lights is one, while the other is usually interchangeable. Milan was the other this year.

Across the runways, there has been a lot of strong shoulders, a look that fascinates me because it looks amazing on the catwalk (and on the streets of Paris), but completely impractical seeming in the day-to-day life of a North American.

Margiela, Balenciaga, Chloe (now designed by Hannah MacGibbon, who once worked under Phoebe Philo), Louis Vuitton...many of the big names emphasized the shoulder.

I find my love for this silhouette growing slowly week by week, and it's become a new mission for me to find a strong-shouldered, long, navy blazer like the one below. Of course, her whole outfit is fantastic.

The runway shot below is from Marc Jacobs' Louis Vuitton Spring '09 collection -- for some reason, I am quite partial to the look.

Those triple gold stripes might have something to do with it.








I'm Lovin' it: This badass shot of Elle's Kate Lanphear. Rock star. It's the chunky jewelry. Obsessed.






I'm Lovin' it, Part Deux: Scoring tickets to the M83 show at the end of November!


I'm Over it: Monday movie night. Well, let's clarify. It's not that I'm over movie night at all, it's just I'm hoping this time DB actually lets me listen to the movie dialogue instead of muting it and throwing on Left Of Center indie rock in the background. Watching "Sleeping With The Enemy" on TV with a Friendly Fires and Crystal Castles soundtrack is...interesting. Kidding, it's actually not half terrible, especially when bad 90s movie dialogue is covered by awesome music.






I'm Over it, Part Deux: My new and very cheap H&M umbrella that does everything but keep me from getting wet. DB and I were not happy with it on Saturday afternoon. Into the garbage and out of my life it goes. Note to self: Spend the extra 10 bucks and get a good umbrella next time, instead of cheaping out.


Track of the Day: Aims and I were at Gravity Pope on Friday night when the best house song I've heard in a long time came on. I had to stop myself from dancing between the Alexander McQueens, Creative Recs, Tsubos and Jeffrey Campbells. Thanks to the Gravity Pope gal who wrote the song name and artist down for me. Enjoy Alone from Tennishero.







* Photos property of style.com, dnmmusic.com, jakandjill.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home