Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Top Ten Things About My Trip To L.A.

I'm damn tired.

I suppose that's what happens when you wake up at 3:45 on Sunday morning, fly to L.A., rush to a meeting, rush back to get ready for a red carpet event, interview on the red carpet at said event, schmooze, get up early the next morning for meetings, attending meetings in El Segundo, drive to nearly San Diego to your parents, then up again the next morning at 4:30 am to drive into downtown LA for another meeting (the trip took nearly 3 hours in traffic), finally getting to the airport at 4:30 pm, only to have to kill four hours somehow because the free Wi-Fi you thought LAX had is, in fact, not free after all.

So I got home at 12:30 am last night, got to bed at 1 am and then my body called me to action at 6:30 am.

All in all, though, not a bad three days of my life. Here's my Top Ten list from the past 72 hours.


1. Jockeying for position on the Hollywood Life Style Awards red carpet with the other writer gals from InStyle, People, Fashion Week Daily, In Touch, OK! and Life & Style. They were very obviously all pals -- and I was the newbie. And the gal from TV Guide online was super sweet, so cheers to her.

2. Having a chat with Tila Tequila, who was surprising very adorable -- and very teeny-tiny in a tight fuschia pink Bebe strapless cocktails. Sophia Bush, Kristen Bell, Jamie Lynn Sigler and AnnaLynne McCord are gorgeous up close and personal. Ludacris is short, but absolutely hilarious. Carson Kressly is a spotlight monger, but also absolutely hilarious. Eve had terrible hair. Emmy Rossum is much taller than I thought, but completely beautiful and well-spoken.

3. Getting a silk scarf from the legendary Bob Mackie. I wasn't the only one, but oh well, right?!

4. The 77 degree weather, obviously. Wearing my grey boots while tramping around Marina del Rey yesterday was a mistake, though.

5. Meeting my two-year-old twin cousins, Jodi and Erin, for the first time. Erin really took to tucking my cellphone and lip gloss into my vintage gold, bronze and black beaded vintage clutch for me. Aw, fashionista-in-training!

6. Scoring a pair of $120 Calvin Klein booties for $60.

7. Scoring a silk top and a seamless Rampage bra for $10 each.

8. Scoring a navy textured patent clutch for $20.

9. Having my uncle and aunt take me to The Clay Pit in Brentwood, which is the most delicious Indian food I've ever tasted. Those spicy curry potatoes are still tangy on my tongue. Make sure to do the $9.75 all-you-can-eat lunch buffet. I was promised a possible Reese Witherspoon or Katherine Heigl sighting, since my folks have spotted them there before, but neither Reese or Katherine decided to be ladies-who-lunch that day.

10. Seeing mom and dad!!








I'm Lovin' it: This quotable quote from my dad, in reference to the delicious, yet artery-clogging garlic butter dip from Papa Johns: "Oh baby, that stuff is good. Garlic butter makes life so much better."


I'm Over it: Finding out at least four members in my immediate family are very patriotic, staunch Republicans and are voting for the McCain/Plain ticket. Tried to get into a political debate with them. Yikes! Never again.


Track of the Day: "Bruises" by Chairlift. It'll be recognizable to you from those recent iPod Nano commercials.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home