Monday, September 08, 2008

Alexander Wang Gets Hot and Sweaty

Marc Jacobs' show is THE one to go to at New York Fashion Week, but Alexander Wang is nipping at Jacobs' heels at a close second.

New York was hit hard by Hurricane Hanna over the weekend, prompting fashionistas to either lug out their Wellies or walk home in knee-deep puddles barefoot (ahem, Tory Burch). Rain was not good for the hair or makeup, either, leaving most attendees looking like death or -- to look on the bright side -- like Audrey Hepburn's Holly Golightly in that last scene in the rain from Breakfast At Tiffany's, though it's hard to imagine looking as beautiful as Hepburn did.

Most showed up to Alexander Wang drenched to the bone and sweaty from: a) the hot venue stuffed to the hilt with people and b) running around to catch shows on time.

And then Wang turned out models who looked hot and sweaty. ON PURPOSE.

Dick Page, the Shiseido makeup artist handling Wang's show, applied lip gloss to models' eye lids and sprayed them on the face and neck with water before their runway strut for something Page dubbed "humid chic".

Hmmmm. I know what I look like when it's humid out and chic is not it. But then again, I'm not Raquel Zimmerman, Anja Rubik or Freja Beha Erichsen.

High-five to Alexander Wang for his incredible foresight on making the wet look hip.

Guess what all the kids in the LES will be looking like in less than a week...










I'm Lovin' it: Check out these BCBG shoes. Holy moley. Part of me wishes they were gold, but silver will do, too.







I'm Over it: So I had a box of Junior Mints in my bag and discovered this morning one errant candy escaped its confines, smushing itself kamikaze-style against the little pink notebook I carry around, in case I get an idea or an epiphany or something mid-day. Now my notebook has melted chocolate all over it. Oh well. At least it smells minty fresh.


Music of the Day: I'm a huge, closeted Motown fan. Big ups to Gladys Knight, her Pips and the Midnight Train To Georgia.








* Photos property of style.com, nymag.co, blogcritics.org and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home