Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Take Your Piko

One of my favorite things to do to decompress after an afternoon of writing is visit Tru Value Vintage on the way home from my corner window "office" at Blenz.

It's the only shop in town where I've found Los Angeles-based label Piko 1988, except for an obscure shopping website called High Fashion Boutique, which doesn't even carry some of the better pieces. Unfortunately for me, there is no real official website for the brand, only a very barebones front page with contact information but no uploads of collections or a company bio. Bummer!

Piko 1988 has the loose, funky, quirky aesthetic preferred by the inhabitants of Billysburg in Brooklyn, Santa Monica/Venice in SoCal and SoMa in Vancouver, which is probably precisely why I'm drawn to the brand.

I suppose for more deets on this mysterious label, I can just ask the friendly staff at Tru Value.

In fact, that's what I'm going to do the next time I go in. Which will probably be today.

PS. BTW, if you're liking the colorful graphic blouse, Tru Value has it!

PPS. Tru Value has an unbeatable selection of uber-cute necklaces for between $10 - $18. Hint hint...







I'm Lovin' it: My buddy Sol is now sending out newsletters updating everyone about his going-ons. It's great to see him get up and out there. Check out his blog, sign up for a newsletter and please, please support a truly amazing artist!!







I'm Over it: Diane Kruger looking hot and stylish ALWAYS. Okay, I'm not over it at all. She completely inspires me right now.







Art of the Day: New Fafi! Love the brights of paint against the grey of wall.







* Photos property of High Fashion Boutique, Soltron Creative, Wooster Collective, Style.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home