Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'm In Love With Mary Jane

Ah, the Mary Jane.

I don't mean code name for reefer, but those girlish round-toe shoes with a single strap running across the top of the foot.

It's the preferred shoe of The Tinz (as in Tinsley Mortimer) and a footwear silhouette that never seems to get old, no matter how old you get (my four-year-old self had patent black ones).

Normall Mary Janes usually go the black route in terms of color, which is why I really ended up liking this different Norma platform pair found on the Forever 21 website. It's a new take on an oldie, still keeping with the round toe, but doubling up on the straps and criss-crossing them.

Super sexy and puuuuuuurfect with drop-crotch cropped pants (Vanessa Bruno) and boyfriend jeans (Lanvin/Acne collabo) rolled up.







I'm Lovin' it: Everything from Nasty Gal Vintage. The models look tres hip, too.







I'm Over it: How everything from Nasty Girl Vintage is always sold out.


Music of the Day: I got GD hooked on The Twelves pretty recently, and in the process, re-hooked myself onto them in a big way. Last time I posted about these guys, it was with a download to their 30-minute mix. Here's a link to their page on MySpace, which has full versions of some of their other tracks, plus a slightly different version of their remix of MIA's "Boys". SO GOOD.









* Photos property of Forever 21, Nasty Girl Vintage, The Twelves and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home