Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The Pros of Proenza Schouler

Omigod, omigod, omigod.

Proenza Schouler is expanding into shoes and handbags!

This news is so heart-warming to fashionistas everywhere who love the accessories of Proenza, but have limited access to them (read: not a celebrity, not an editor, not a socialite).

My jaw dropped (and stayed that way for about, oh, five minutes) over the heels worn by Kate Bosworth in a shot in January's Vogue spread, where she was styled by Jack and Lazaro of PS. You know, the shot where she wore that big marching band hat and safari emsemble.

Anyway, Proenze Schouler just inked a deal with Vicini SpA , which was founded by famous shoe cobbler Giuseppe Zanotti, for production and distribution rights. This means these highly-anticipated pieces of footwear will be available at luxe department stores and boutiques near you very, very soon.

Plus, Jack and Lazaro are promising a handbag line in the near future, too.

Have I died and gone to the great, big closet in the sky?? 'Cause it sure feels like it right now.







I'm Lovin' it: Famed graff artist and OBEY founder Shepard Fairey is launching a jewelry collection. We all knew the subculture of graffiti artistry was gonna go extremely commercial one day, so it's best just to accept it. And I want, I want, I want these earrings.







I'm Over it: My roomie bought me this awesome water bottle for my bday last month, which comes with a piece you stick in the freezer so your agua stays cold throughout the day. But now my pretty blue bottle is tasting really plastic-y, making me understand why all those Siggs are so damn popular these days. Besides the health concerns, I mean.


Track of the Day: Never Win by Fischerspooner. There's a great 80s electroclash vibe to this song. Plus their new track "The Best Revenge" just made an appearance on hip French music label Kitsune's newest compilation CD, which basically seals the deal on their cool status.










* Photos property of popsugar.com, fashionista.com, thisisfakediy.co.uk and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home