Thursday, May 15, 2008

Get Your M On

It's all about color, color, color when spring and summer roll around.

Pucci prints, Missoni motifs, Jackson Pollock-inspired spatter patterns, neons, pastels, bright jewels -- each is fair game come SS '(insert year)!

Office supply chain Staples is making sure that your closet matches your desk by launching the M by Staples stationary and office collection. They've got luggage, journals, notebooks, file folders, thumbtacks and bulldog clips in enough patterns and colors to rival your Crayola box (assuming you still have yours kicking around from grade one).

Their new ad campaign is wickedly clever, too.

Filing bills and receipts being stylish?

I woulda never thought.











I'm Lovin' it: Getting my Maria Sharapova on with Scoots and Viv at le tennis courts this evening. Okay, Maria's slightly better than me. Whatever.







I'm Over it: Uggs hired L.A.-based designer Rozae Nichols to design their apparel line, which will begin as a 14-piece collection. Will it be shearling-lined and ugly?? My guess is yay and yay, but you never know.







Track of the Day: Cheap and Cheerful from sexy electro-rock band The Kills' new album "Midnight Boom". Jamie Hince and Allison Mosshart were apparently inspired by Pizza Pizza Daddy-O, a 1960s documentary about inner-city schools. That'll explain the sing-song vibe and occasional hand claps. It all works, and makes this Kills album one of my favorites of '08 so far. Oh, and dammit, they were in town doing a show yesterday and I didn't know till last minute.








* Photos property of mbystaples.com, Taylor PR, weddingbee.com, stereogum.com, style.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I NEED those file folders!!! With your taste you need to join me in the wedding industry!

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home