Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Don't Touch My Johnston

My girlfriend Sangria just got back from Australia last Friday and couldn't stop talking about how well-dressed the folks Down Under were all the time.

Sounds like my kind of people!

I've seen quite a few friends take off to Oz in the past few years: my buddy Skirts, my pal Jibba and my old boss/mentor Kate, formerly the Western Editor of FASHION Magazine, with whom I credit for making me fully realize my sartorial and writing inclinations.

I can see why Sydney, Melbourne and the Gold Coast are ideal places to live: beautiful beaches, blue waters, adorable accents, practically year-round sun, cute koalas, baby Joeys, Sass & Bide, Ksubi, Zambesi, Jayson Brunsdon, Alex Perry, Lisa Ho, Michelle Jank and Kirrily Johnston.

Ah, Kirrily.

I wanted every single, blouson-y, casual chic piece in her High Summer 07-08 collection. Her color palette consisted of three colors -- white, black and this bright pop of pinky-purple. The silhouettes were youthful, yet tasteful with drawstring, big pockets, collars and elasticized waists serving as perfect embellishments. That white jacket with ruffled collar had me bug-eyed with ecstasy, and the contrast between voluminous and body-skimming was a harmonious dynamic.

Mate, I really wasn't kidding when I said I wanted everything in this collection.






















I'm Lovin' it: My best guy friend K-Dizzle rocked a grey-striped red tie with his navy blue suit on Saturday night (he was coming off his accounting convocation dinner), and I appreciated the boldness of the red against the navy. That's why I was super excited when I came across Cyberoptix Tie Lab, which touts that their ties "don't suck". Well, they don't. Call 'em ties for the dandy dude.









I'm Over it: Think there's an itsy-bitsy spider hiding in my bed, because I woke up with bites on my finger and back.


Music of the Day: Ladyhawke. Her real name is Pip Brown from Sydney and her electro-rock gets into your head. Make sure to check out these three remixes of her track "Back Of The Van" off her official website: Mock & Toof (trance-ish), Ultimate Beverly from Fred Falke (disco house) and Van She Tech (hardcore electronica, a la Simian Mobile Disco or Digitalism). Sooooo good.










* Photos property of kirrilyjohnston.com, cyberoptix.com, 2depressed2getdressed.blogspot.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home