Thursday, August 09, 2007

With This Ring, I Thee...

Punch your lights out.

Just looking at the size of Lazaro Diaz rings is enough to make men and women shake in their britches, ginches, leggings and skinny jeans.

Cuban-born Diaz -- who's been crafting rings and necklaces for the fellas and the ladies for more than 20 years -- packs some heavy power behind his bad-to-the-bone, rocker-esque jewelry line. He uses authentic platinum, gold, silver, precious and semi-precious stones in his creations, so you can imagine the hefty price tag that comes on top of the jewelry box and on your visa bill. Architecture from Greek and Roman history, as well as Moroccan and Indian detailing, are muse for Diaz, who makes some serious trinkets.

Time to get rid of those brass knuckles.














I'm Lovin' it: Hot Fuzz. This cop movie spoof from the makers of Shaun of the Dead is so re-donk-u-lously hilarious, thanks to the witty, clever writing of Simon Pegg (who plays main "hot fuzz" Nicholas Angel) and Edgar Wright. I knocked it before I tried it months ago, when my buddies tried to get me to see it in theatres. Now I wish I kinda did. Thanks, T. Chipman and Trev Stead, for steak and a movie night!


I'm Over it: Dudes who pick bad shoes. All guys should know by now that you can have a handsome face like Adonis, but if you're sporting terrible footwear, a gal will cross you off their list immediately. Sorry, dudes, that's just the way the cookie crumbles -- shallow-ly and evil-ly.








Track of the Day: Sparks by Coldplay. Heard it on the soundtrack of Wedding Crashers -- which I watched again the other day with Steffie and Megs -- and totally fell in love. I'm such a sucker for slow, alternative ballads. Think Counting Crows' Colorblind and Long December, Goo Goo Dolls' Iris and the Tragically Hip's Bobcaygeon. Sniff, sniff.



* Photos property of lazarosoho.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omfg, fuck ya! re: crossing a hot dude off your fuck-me list for bad shoes... lol shallow-ly and evil-ly.... is that what it really is, or is it simply a matter of clashing aestheics? like,perhaps you just dont see eye to eye with someone without any taste whatsoever?

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home