Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Perfect Kaden-ce

These past months, I've been eschewing heels and rockin' the low-riders -- also known as flats. Since I'm an admitted shoe junkie -- my pal TC almost fainted when I opened my closet and he saw how many pairs festered in there -- I'm always on the hunt for more souliers (French to English translation: shoes) to add my collection.

Banana Republic never used to be one of my favorite stores to walk into. Everything was too buttoned-up, too khaki, too preppy, too string-of-pearls for my easy, breezy bohemian liking. However, BR has certainly taken up their designs a notch in recent years, including their shoes.

I just spent the last minute salivating over their Kaden peep-toe slingback flat, which comes in the fabulously basic colors of silver, gold and patent black. It's always so hard deciding which hue to choose, so I'm just going to choose them all.

Flat is phat.









I'm Lovin' it: I haven't used a blowdryer or heating tool on my hair for three days and it's so fantastic. Call it the influence of Shuswap Lake (where using a blowdryer would certainly have elicited a barrage heckling from my friends), but I really kind of like this beachy look. It's been getting serious kudos from the pals -- or maybe they just enjoy laughing behind my back. Whatever it is, I sported the look to work today and save myself an extra 15 minutes in the morning. Ji-yah!

Oh, and this little undergarment/sleepwear bow babydoll set from Lornnie Louie is so goshdarn ADORABLE.








I'm Over it: Being home from the lake. I could live the rest of my life up there. Wakeboarding (unsuccessfully, mind you, since I couldn't pop myself up on the board), extreme tubing (bailed hardcore though, got about 6 feet of air and landed on me head), beach volleyball, s'mores, bunk beds, yummy breakfasts, lunches and dinners, shimmery moonlight on the water, card games, bevys all day, boating for hours, watching the boys cliff jump, eating our faces off, dock tanning, jumping in the lake to cool off, chilling to music, lounger reading, lots of laughs, close friends and all around forgetting the rest of the world existed. It felt good not to stare at a computer screen or check my phone constantly. Peace of mind for 48 hours that was needed, for sure.







Track of the Day: I've been on the hunt for the title of a Tragically Hip song that I just love. All I could describe was it was a slow ballad about something "cajun". Thankfully, TC was able to figure out what track I'd been obsessing about -- it's called Bobcaygeon from their "Phantom Power" album and it's also on their "Yer Favorites" greatest hits CD. You know how songs can really just hit you for some reason? This is one of them for me.








* Photos property of bananarepublic.com, www.peermusic.com, www.lornnielouie.com, Google Images and are used solely for commentary purposes

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

gasp!! those banana republic shoes are the MOST BLATANT knockoff of miu mius from spring, its actually upsetting. that being said, how much are they?

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home