Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Sparkle, Sparkle, Shine, Shine

If you've been out shopping lately, you'll know that sequins are no longer for 70s disco divas.

These sparkly, shiny, multiple accoutrements are making a major comeback on the style scene in all sorts of fun colors -- just check out labels like Hanii Y, LaROK, alice + olivia and Catherine Malandrino.

For those who are a little thin on the wallet, check out your local vintage stores for good quality sequin shirts -- I already have my eye on a black short sleeve number at a shop in Gastown that's tagged at only $20. Because it's a little on the short side (and you know how I feel about diminutive shirts), I'm picturing it layered over a tight, white wifebeater (is that even a PC term these days??) tank.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with wanting to be a dancing queen.










I'm Lovin' it: Oh, yeah. Swiss Chalet with the gang tonight -- haven't been there since second year university, so it'll be a blast from the past. Yeah, okay. So my girl Berry and I were supposed to watch the boys play soccer first, then hit the Chalet with them, but the rain is detering us from spectating -- though not detering us from eating.


I'm Over it: The mashed potatoes at the Chalet. Once while mistaking the kitchen for the bathroom, I saw the restaurant staff take the mashed taters out of a plastic bag that was dipped in boiling water. Mmmm mmmmm gross.


Picture of the Day: Nothing like a little love and peace in the Middle East. Actually, I think this is Italy. Same, uh, never mind.








* Photos property of shopbop.com, woostercollective.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home