Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Dress It Up

For years, I've been claiming to not be a dress kind of girl at all.

Insert foot in mouth.

This summer, it's been all about me and the pretty frock: strappy, puff-sleeved, below the knee, considerably-above-the-knee with leggings or tights, super-girly, candy colors. neutral colors, fitted, airy, sleeveless or soldier-esque (hard to picture, I know). Unfortunately, global warming has really hit hard -- fashion, its counterparts and its minions have been seriously affected by GW's looming presence. As hot and humid temperatures continue to become a climate trend, dress silhouettes are getting looser -- take note the popularity of tent varieties this season.

I suppose the men out there aren't too upset that global warming brings out the lovely ladies-in-frocks.

And I'm not complaining either, 'cause at least this Summer '07 I'm staying cool, calm and collected.










I'm Lovin' it: Don't let quilting confuse you. It's not just for bored grannies or ladies who lunch with their double-CC (Chanel) bags. Check-check it out, fellas. Quilting is for sneaks, too, only at Chapter World in Japan.










I'm Over it: Flip flops with everything. Ladies, I get it. These rubbery thong wonders are easy on the tootsies, but you can't pair them with all your summer outfits. Get a little flats or gladiator sandals in your lives, puh-leeze!


Art of the Day: Reminds me of Japanime, only with a darker, joking twist. So cute, yet slightly scary.






* Photos property of style.com, nymag.com, facechunter.blogspot.com, woostercollective.com, chapterworld.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home