Friday, August 03, 2007

One For You, Two For Me

It never fails.

Whenever I go to buy a friend/significant other/colleague a present for some happy occasion -- usually a birthday -- I always, always end up buying at least two things for myself.

Case in point: Yesterday, I ambled over to Urban Outfitters on Granville to purchase a wee belated birthday gift for my co-worker Nicky Ponzarelli. Of course, before even making it upstairs to the mens' section, I already had two shirts (the same Lux Silk Peony Tunic style in different colors) and one black dress (with puff sleeves, burn-out embroidery and keyhole back) in hand.

Upstairs, I picked out a preppy black polo with thin turquoise stripes for Ponzarelli and then proceeded to try on my apparel stack in the changeroom. Yup, I loved one of the shirts (in the grapeade hue) and the dress -- and yup, I bought them both.

Once upon a time, when Urban just opened in Vancity, I promised myself that I'd never buy clothing there for the mere fact that dozens on other girls in the city would own the, too.

Oh well. Some promises are made to be broken.








I'm Lovin' it: Free internet at my apartment! Plugged in my laptop at home yesterday -- which I hadn't done before because I didn't think I had web access -- and magically, I was able to sign into Hotmail and Facebook. Love it when things come at a five-finger discount.


I'm Over it: Goat cheese. Thought I'd be all fancy and bought this special ripened goat cheese from Urban Fare -- it was on sale from $14 to $5! -- yesterday. Well, I think it was meant to be rotten, hence the term "ripened" on the package, and it basically tasted like ass. And my lunch almost ended up all over my kitchen. Note to self (and others): Stay away from ripened goat cheese.


Outfits of the Day: Those Swedes have certainly kicked it up a style notch. The chica posing coyly in white tights is uber-adorable (and has convinced me to invest in a pair of whitey tighties), and the other gal looks smashing in her printed tent dress. Minus the bike helmet, of course.








* Photos property of urbanoutfitters.com, facehunter.blogspot.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home