Monday, July 23, 2007

Walk On Water

Quite literally.

Today, I came across this amazing installation that simulates walking on water from the London Design Festival called Bridge, by the artist Michael Cross.

This special installation is for Dilston Grove, formerly called the Clare College Mission Church and now London's well-known raw, large-scale space available for artists. Two-thirds of the church is submerged in water and the only thing visible to the eye is a single, round stepping stone on a platform near an entranceway. Stepping on the stone causes another stone to rise in front of it -- each step you take makes another arise in front and lowers the one behind, until you reach the middle of the water (where it all comes to an abrupt halt) and need to turn back.

There are 30 steps in all, so this activity may not be the best for folks afraid of water. Intense, eery and liberating.

And you may not turn into Jesus the Lord Savior, but you'll sure feel close.








I'm Lovin' it: Four more sleeps till my big weekend up at Shuswap lake with me crew. And my girly girl Erica L. will be there, too, houseboating her bum off. I see tanning, day-time drinking, beach volleyball and incriminating photos in my future. And no, not that kind, just the inebriated-with-friends kind. Dirty, dirty minds.







I'm Over it: People -- from out of town in this case -- who get in touch to make plans to meet up with you a week and a half in advance, and then fail to let you know they can't make it on the actual day of the meeting. Yep, still waiting for a call, text, email or some form of communication saying, "Hi, I'm sorry I didn't call you yesterday to cancel because I'm a complete and utterly rude douchebag." Good thing I didn't sit around waiting for this winner. And somewhere my gut instinct -- based on my record of previous history with said individual -- is screaming, "I told you so, I totally knew it!" at me over and over.

I believe most people call this moment "the straw that broke the camel's back".







Happiness of the Day: My tickets to Kaskade at the Commodore on October 5th and my newly purchased CD of the Shout Out Louds single "Tonight I Have To Leave It" with its four different versions and "Streams of Whiskey" track. The Kleerup remix is currently on massive repeat on my vehicular stereo.










* Photos property of art-design.umich.edu, www.gucca.dk, 343guiltysnark.com, ashuswapholiday.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home