Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Hola Lola Y Maria

I've never been much of an online shopper -- eBay not withstanding.

Sure, I BROWSE-shop like tomorrow's judgement day, but I've yet to make a substantial purchase from a virtual boutique.

Oh, but today, I met a cyber-store that completely changed my mind. Lola Y Maria is the newest kid on NYC's Lower East Side block, harboring the one of the best Latin American designer rosters I've ever seen -- with a few other countries speckled in. Of course, the fantastic thing is you don't have to live in the Big Apple to have their labels in your closet, thanks to a fancy little techno process called e-commerce.

Admittedly, some of the brands gracing Lola Y Maria's racks I've never heard of before: Coven Brazil, April Rose, Feral Childe and Tori Nichel. Then, of course, there are the oldies but goodies: Geren Ford, Fighting Eel, Prospect 44 and H Fredricksson.

So long Ron Herman, Satine and Lisa Kline.

Lola Y Maria has stolen mi corazon.








I'm Lovin' it: Quilted bags are quintessentially Chanel. The fashion house picked up on luxury consumers' obsession with digital watches, masterminding a perfect blend of digital timepiece and quilted Chanel aesthetic. Don't you worry -- it's less than $3,000.




I'm Over it: Missing this art exhibition at the Merry Karnowsky Gallery on La Brea in Los Angeles. I love Miss Van -- and I'm so heartbroken I don't get to see her work up close and personal. Maybe I'll enlist one of my Angeleno buddies to go take cameraphone pictures for me. That'll do the art justice...riiiiight. If you live in L.A., for the love of god please go see this show.




Artist of the Day: New Young Pony Club. This new wave, electronica group from London names "vodka, cake and emotion" as their major influences and live by the motto "when in doubt...clap." I was SO sold.




www.myspace.com/newyoungponyclub



* Photos property of lolaymaria.com, woostercollective.com, myspace.com/newyoungponyclub

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home