Monday, March 19, 2007

Whiteys Rule

Argh, I know.

My post-age has been lacking the past several days. Apologies all around!

To the topic on hand: white shoes on men.

Yes, old school fashion etiquette dictates that white shouldn't be worn after Labor Day. White shoes are also a reminder of Don Johnson in his Miami Vice heyday, but I must say white shoes on guys is where it's at these days. A few of my male friends sport the look from loafers to casuals, and it manages to look sleek -- not cheesy.

A little web scoring on Zappos turned up a few numbers that are male-friendly and style-worthy (fair warning, one of the pairs is camel and white).

Dsquared2, in particular, has been killing it with the whiteness:














I'm Lovin' it: After weeks and weeks of searching danceshop websites, it hit me like lightning (or like that egg hit my chair on the patio of Las Margaritas three years ago and splattered my new white jacket -- who eggs random people lunching on patios?!) -- Wolford! The king, er, queen of tights brands undoubtedly would have those shiny tights I've been seeking. And, of course, they do.

I'm Over it: Mint-infused water. I'd been dying to try this flavored H20 ever since Fashion Week Daily had it on their site last year as a hot-ticket item. Ambled down to Urban Fare with my pal Tom Tom yesterday after a little Croque Benny brunch at Provence Marinaside in Yaletown, and after excitedly hyperventilating that they carried it, was then thoroughly repulsed mid-sip at initial taste. It's like being at the dentist and accidentally swallowing a mouthful of fluoride. Yummy.


Track of the Day: "I Love Boosters" by The Coup. My buddy Ads B. saw The Coup duo Boots Riley and Pam the Funkstress in concert this past week, and on Sunday introduced me to their upbeat, funky sounds straight from Oakland, California. This song gives hilarious props to stickin' it to the man and doing a little five-finger discounting. Apparently, Pam crooned a track to Ads from the stage at the concert. He was in high heaven. Literally and figuratively, I'm sure.





www.myspace.com/thecoupmusic





* Photos property of zappos.com, last.fm/music

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the coup....is that "sticks it to the man" (me?) middle age man who worked hard to keep his business going...along with the fraud and theft that drives up costs?
it is more than "just an expression"
hmmmm?
b

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home