Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Mad For Plaid

The last time plaid was seen on my body, I was a private school girl sporting a (very rolled-up) kilt.

I never found any interest in the grunge phase -- and if I did, ever so slightly, it was only because Nirvana and Cobain spoke to me via "Come As You Are".

The accompanying style to the music genre didn't suit me, but thanks to Marc Jacobs and his continual revival of 90s-era plaid, I just may have found something grunge-y to slip into once in awhile: a plaid blouse with scarf side tie.

Sure smells like teen spirit around here.





I'm Lovin' it: These absolutely, positively must-have platform pumps from Bergdorf Goodman. In order from one to three, they are Miu Miu, Biba and Michael Kors. And they're on sale.





I'm Over it: People who don't show up when they're supposed to. Honestly, I thought I left this type behind in L.A., but 'fraid not. A business meeting no-show on Sunday afternoon made me see the flake plague has spread up north, too. Damn shame.

Artist of the Day: Photographer extraordinaire, "Rize" director and Pam Anderson BFF David LaChapelle. His exhibit Awakened -- running from now until April 28th -- is currently showing at the Tony Shafrazi Gallery in New York. The collection of portraits (taken underwater it seems) is fascinating and horrifying all at once. Viewing the photos is much like watching a person drown -- which, coincidentally, is supposed to be one of the most peaceful ways to go once the panic is over.






* Photos property of bergdorfgoodman.com, Google Images

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Rize" to the occasion...so happy for you, i don't think you'll ever know.
smile,b

3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home