Monday, March 12, 2007

Going Out On A Lim

3.1 Phillip Lim.

Currently on the backs on every major starlet and camera-hungry socialite out there (plus on the racks of every luxury department store, major retailer and high-class web boutiques), Phillip Lim hit the ground running as soon as he debuted his collection in 2005.

The first time I stumbled across 3.1 Phillip Lim, I was website copywriting for Ron Herman, a most fabulous freelance occupation because it allowed me to write about great clothing labels every Wednesday -- and occasionally slip on a fantasical Karl Lagerfeld jacket or plaid Danang vest.

Fresh-faced Mr. Lim is known first and foremost for his dresses -- you can't get any more girly than slipping on a pretty frock, something Lim crafts so very well. His latest collection is English countryside, made prep-ishly androgynous with the odd unisex piece tossed over his feminine dresses. It's a tad less frothy than usual, but none less beautiful.

I still don't know what the "3.1" of his label stands for, but I'm sure Google will help me out.












I'm Lovin' it: The moment I realized on the bus coming home from work that living with an iPod is like having the sweetest soundtrack to your life. You pick the tunes when you want, where you want, whenever you want. I totally felt like I was in a movie on the #9 Boundary bus.

I'm Over it: Having only 24 hours in a day, a third of which goes towards sleep.

Music Video of the Day: Yesterday, my buddy Dan T. couldn't help but flip back to the MuchMusic "50 Sexiest Videos" segment between hockey game periods. I hadn't seen it before, but the "Call On Me" video from Eric Prydz RULES. Blatant sexual innuendos and thong work-out leotards aside, the track is hot and those rock hard 80s-aerobicized bods make me wanna put on my off-the-shoulder sweatshirt and go all Jennifer Beals style.

Call On Me on YouTube.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home