Monday, December 18, 2006

Stunner Shades On

Just a little observation about Southern Californians -- myself included.

Why is it that us SoCal-ers are so used to -- and attached to -- their sunglasses, that even in 55 degree overcast weather we still have our stunner shades on?

I caught myself rockin' my mens-style aviators while driving the other day in some seriously cloudy weather -- along with many, many other Angelenos.

Maybe living in La-La Land has made us all so Hollywood. It's not like the paparazzi is after me!

Wow. This trip home to Canadia (deliberately misspelled, I'm not that Americanized!) should get my butt into check.





I'm Lovin' it: My new Abaete for Payless suede, black booties with black mock-croc design. I know my closet could use a respite from ebony shoe wear, but sometimes I just can't pass up beautiful shoes on a sweet deal.






I'm Over it: Christmas shopping! Actually, I haven't really started yet....at least my l'il sister's gift is checked of my list, as of today. Such a procrastinator, I am.

Track History of the Day: I promised you a brief history on the origins of "Amber" by 311. This quintet of Nebraskans have been in the music scene for about fifteen years, blowing up big in the mid-90s. They're still kickin' it, most recently doing a cover of The Cure's "Love Song" for Adam Sandler's romantic-comedy flick "50 First Dates" and releasing a greatest hits album in 2005. I'm sure their die-hard fans are looking forward to album #9!

"Amber" on YouTube

* Photo property of Google Images, payless.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...checked OFF (of) my list...

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home