Friday, December 15, 2006

Hood-Winked

Ah, the hoodie. Essential for comfort in cold weather.

Husband-and-wife design team Mike Gonzalez and Christine Park-Gonzalez hail from the east coast, where chilly weather is not a stranger. Thus, Mike & Chris was born.

Now, we're not talking about a hoodie from your high school or university days. These hoodies are tricked out: big buttons, interesting silhouettes and design embellishments far from your alma mater version. Not only have they conquered the hoodie universe, the Gonzalezes are working on conquering the accessories world with their handbag collection. And who doesn't need another great purse hanging in their closet?

I love me some MC.

Mariah Carey included.

* Fashion Bite: Check out the Mike & Chris Bailey Hooded Dress. The design makes it a sort of style enigma. Is it a hoodie? Is it a coat? Is it a dress? Or is it all three? Image #7, y'all.













I'm Lovin' it: Jaden Smith, the progeny of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett. He is so, so adorable I can't take it. See The Pursuit of Happyness and you'll know exactly what I mean. Very touching film, by the way.

I'm Over it: Trying to find a coat for my trip. Actually, it's just me being lazy. I know exactly what coat I want (a Via military-style number) and where to order it. I just need get all Nike and just to do it.

Track of the Day: "No Way Back" by 8mm. This trip-hop duo consisting of New Orlean-er Juliette and Nine Inch Nail's former sound engineer Sean (no last names) made their way from the dark, jazzy recesses of New Orleans to starry, glitzy La-La Land. Juliette's voice is hauntingly beautiful and the beats are jazzy down-tempo. Everyone who's familiar with my musical preferences knows I'm a trip-hop head, so it's no surprise their album "Songs To Live And Die By" is most definitely my next vinyl purchase.

www.myspace.com/8mm





* Photos property of revolveclothing.com, ronherman.com, activeendeavors.com, myspace.com/8mm




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home