Thursday, December 14, 2006

Mad For Moschino

During my trend report research today, I was thoroughly disappointed with most of the European collections for Spring 2007.

Springtime is not for dreary, muted colors of geometric silhouettes. It's a time for colorful, bright splashes of ruffles, frills and light-heartedness.

But I must admit I love the Moschino Cheap & Chic collection. Though it was hard to pinpoint a particular color palette -- it ranged from earthtones to brights to black, white and red combos -- the silhouettes themselves were all spring.

Ruffles, bubble hems, short shorts, prints, sky-high heels... oh my!

PS. Sorry, I couldn't narrow down my favorite outfits down to the top ten. So I practically uploaded the entire collection.






















I'm Lovin' it: Meeting the madre of Jessica and Ashlee: Tina Simpson. She was a refreshingly sweet and down-to-earth showbiz mom -- must be her Texas blood -- except for the fact she was able to plunk down tons of cash for sweaters and other such goodies. It's nice to know she's nice. No resemblence to Dina Lohan at all.

I'm Over it: Rachel Bilson not yet making the cover of Harper's Bazaar or another such privileged publication (Cosmo doesn't count). She's such a little style icon with her teeny frame and vintage flair. Plus, from what I hear, Rachel's a pretty nifty actress, too. Case in point: The Last Kiss with Zach Braff.

Track of the Day: "Radio" by Jurassic 5. This local hip-hop group blew up big with hits like "What's Golden" and "Concrete Schoolyard", continuing on to this day doing collabos with big names like Nelly Furtado and Dave Matthews. Check out this J5 jam: lots of bass for shoulder bumpin' and booty shakin'. There's something happy old school of this one, probably because it's a reference to their hip-hop rise in the 80s and 90s.

www.myspace.com/jurassic5

* Photos property of nymag.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

radio by j5...."shoulder bumpin'" indeed.

sheepishly

4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home