Thursday, July 27, 2006

Just Call Me Angelina

I'm such a do-gooder.

As most of you already know, one of my best friends came down to visit me last month. While showing her around Huntington Beach, we were accosted by a smooth-talking fellow with Save The Children Foundation. After his little speech, we both walked away new mothers. My friend "adopted" (sponsored) a child from India, and I, a little boy from Africa.

This week, I got my first letter from the Foundation with two adorable pictures of Mezgebu, my child from Ethiopia. He's completely adorable, I love him to bits, and the farm animal-slash-flower drawing he made went right up on my fridge.

I can't tell you how good it makes me feel to make a difference in the life of a child who can still smile so brightly, despite the condition of his country. For only $28 a month, Mezgebu gets the healthcare and education he deserves. It's so much better than spending it on another top I don't need from Forever 21 or a night out at Ma'Kai.

You bet my little Mezgebu is getting letters and pictures from his North American mommy all the time.

Oh, and along with some new clothes -- so that not only will he brightest boy in town, but the smartest dressed, too.


www.savethechildren.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home