Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Post-Christmas!

I've spent the last seven days at home in California, hanging out with my parents and basically being off the grid, save for a few Facebook check-ins periodically throughout the day.

I can't remember the last time I've spent this much time away from my computer, but for me, it's a lot of time—and also welcome, at that.

Looks like I CAN survive not being plugged in 24/7!

In my time away from the keyboard, I've managed to eat my face off (an immediate diet is imminent upon homecoming on the 29th), watch tons of NFL with my parents, sing karaoke with my family on Christmas Day (Kenny Rogers' "You Decorated My Life" was a surprising hit) and spend less than $100 on six new items for my closet (a royal blue blouse, a jade geode necklace, a gold Rubix cube necklace, a brown cape sweater and a black blazer with extra large, exaggerated pockets and gray sleeves).

Oh yes, then there are these amazing Dolce Vita for Target boots, too, bought for $24.



The only thing that escaped my sartorial grasp was a New Year's Eve dress. That remains yet to be bought, though I have no problem recycling my outfit from last year (made different with new shoes and jewellery). I expect to see a few Lanvin for H&M dresses to make NYE appearances—I'm not one for rocking the same clothes as another, so I'm quite glad to have sat out on this H&M capsule collection madness.

It was fantastic being able to wear shorts in December, paired with tights naturally, but I don't expect to be able to rock this outfit again till spring.



I'll surely be sad to be leaving this place in three days, through two stopovers before getting back to reality.

Until then, I'll be enjoying the below just a little bit longer.

Besos,
Haute Hippie






I'm Lovin' it: Suspenders haphazardly clipped to a blouse.




I'm Over it: I never get sick, but I've had a sore throat and runny nose since being here. Wah.


Track of the Day: Aforementioned Kenny Rogers song. All I can see right now are my uncles belting their hearts out.





* Photos property of May Globus, and are used solely for commentary purposes

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you rocked our holidays... :)
b

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home