Monday, October 25, 2010

Outfits of Opulence.

Sundays are great for many reasons: brunches with girlfriends, running errands, watching girly movies on the W Network, catching up on work and getting up to speed on blog browsing.

For someone who loves fashion as I do, I was shamefully behind on clicking through all the Spring/Summer 2011 collections out of Paris, so I spent a portion of my afternoon yesterday getting lost in the froth and opulence of Chanel and Alexander McQueen.







Karl Lagerfeld turned out another winning collection, naturally, but it really is Sarah Burton, the late Alexander McQueen's right hand woman and label successor, that deserved the thunderous applause.

Her creations channeled everything that was her predecessory, yet it was apparent to everyone in the industry that was injecting a bit of new blood -- her own -- into the label. One can only imagine the pressure she was under to honor the late designer, but Burton weathered the storm more than well.

It's comforting to all to know that the House of McQueen is in very, very capable hands.






I'm Lovin' it: Big meeting tomorrow! My Power Point presentation is locked and loaded. Yes, I'm a nerd.




I'm Over it: It's a monsoon outside. The gloomy months are officially here.


Track of the Day: I downloaded Twin Shadow's debut album Forget late last week. "For Now" is super song.






* Photos property of style.com, highsnobiety.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home