Thursday, October 07, 2010

We'll Always Have Paris.

What sartorialist -- in the regular, non-Scott Shuman sense -- doesn't love stalking the Paris shows, both haute couture and ready-to-wear?

The French are quite the people: they love their food (steak frites), they love their wine (red), they love their love (after all, who invented the whispered sweet nothing?), they love their sexuality (every heard of "a cinq a sept"?), they love their culture (dare you to find a Parisian that doesn't read books), they love their music (Kitsune! Sebastien Tellier! Phoenix!), they love their art (The Louvre), they love their fashion (un mot: Chanel).

I was out having a late night libation with a friend last night, and he mentioned, out of all his travels, that he's never been to Paris.

Neither have I.

But I promised my mother, years ago, that I would take her there one day. We'd eat macaroons from Laduree all day and drink red wine like it's water.

My question is, will she be up for a night at Le Baron?!

Until that question is answered (and until mumsy and I get there), here's a little slice of Paris, in Spring '11 collection form, natch.

Bonne journee,
Haute Hippie






I'm Lovin' it: Please watch these videos in order. Yes, the first is an actual newscast. And yes, auto tune should be abolished because it makes even the dumbest dialogue sound catchy.





I'm Over it: My favorite grey boots have holes in the toe. Still, I can't give them up.


Track of the Day: "Bang Bang Bang" by Mark Ronson & the Business Intl. Catchy song, rad vid.





* Photos property of inhabitat.com, style.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home