Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Big and Strappin'.

Strappy shoes are one of those things that can look good...or really, really bad.

Case in point, I have a pair of silver strappies with clear heels and thin ties that go all the way up the leg. Granted, they were from my high school grad night, but still: really, really bad.

My other point is that a slew of summer sandals are coming out with straps, but thick, durable ones (that are sometimes buckled to hell).

It appears that people remain obsessed with the whole gladiator trend (can the gladiator hotness of Russell Crowe and one Gerard Butler have contributed to this infatuation?) and, like skinny jeans, is a probably a trend that won't die a fast death (like Joaquin Phoenix's Commodus).

This wedged Jeffrey Campbell and this camel-colored, soft suede versions are prime reasons why.

Are you not entertained?!







I'm Lovin' it: Hi, new Cynthia Rowley for Roxy gladiator (surprise, surprise) sandals. You will make my summer complete. (Thanks, Kelly E.!)




I'm Over it: [blank today]


Track of the Day: Welcome back, Broken Social Scene. Their new Forgiveness Rock Record, which came out on my birthday this year, is superb.






* Photos property of Jeffrey Campbell, Haute Hippie and are used solely for commentary purposes. Shoes gifted by Roxy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home