Friday, May 07, 2010

Happy Friday! (Shoe) Conversations With God.

Slipping on a pair of shoes (and outfit to go with it, natch) makes me feel like a different person.

When I'm wearing my vintage red boots and ripped sweatshirt dress with holes, I feel like I'm ready to take in a good indie-rock show, where Pabst Blue Ribbon in cans and plaid shirts are in abundance.

When I'm wearing my skinny, dark denim with my grey suede Zara cutout heels and black leather jacket, I feel just like Kate Lanphear (or how I'd imagine feeling like her would be, which is edgy, rock 'n' roll and perhaps with a cigarette dangling from my mouth).

When I'm wearing my Converse high-tops and Kemper wool cap, I feel like a little b-girl kid, short in stature but a wee bit sassy.

I could go on, considering the massive amount of shoes in my closet, but you get the gist.

Acrobats of God, a new elastic-inspired shoe collection from Nicole Brundage, makes me feel positively reverent, with its funnel-shaped heels and elastic straps wrapping around the foot. Supreme summertime footwear.

Amen, AOG.









I'm Lovin' it: Exit Through The Gift Shop. Banksy's documentary exceeded my expectations. Highly entertaining, laugh out loud funny and thought-provoking (is Thierry Guetta/Mister Brainwash a hoax or is he real??), it's one of the best films I've seen all year. Tons of Shepard Fairey in it, too, plus footage of Banksy's Guantanamo Bay stunt he pulled at Disneyland. Simply fantastic. But love the film as I might, I can't shake the feeling that Banksy has pulled one over us again. Which brings me back to my original question: is Thierry Guetta even real?!





I'm Over it: This day. Bring on TGIF and a hockey win!


Track of the Day: "Tonight The Streets Are Ours" by Richard Hawley. Title track to Exit Through The Gift Shop. Very nice match up.





* Photos property of The Cut and are used solely for commentary purpose

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home