Tuesday, May 11, 2010

It's A Nice Day For A White Wedding.

My girl Sister Hanna is getting hitched this July in Denver, so it's been a whirlwind of dress finding and wedding planning for her.

She ended up finding her dream dress almost right away -- no weeks and weeks of fruitless and expensive searching (read: Say Yes To The Dress).

The dress is so beautiful and so Sister Hanna: sweetheart neckline, tight in the bodice, then gently flaring out in a slight mermaid bottom and wrapped in asymmetrical bands of unfinished chiffon.

Then I remembered that all the big labels just turned out their wedding frock collections, so I -- despite being a Lone Gunman at the moment -- culled a few of my favorite looks.

Guess I'll say yes at any of these dresses.







I'm Lovin' it: Dolce Vita does excellent shoes. Now Dolce Vita does excellent clothes, too, like this bright cerulean blue (I feel like the name of this color is grossly overused in fashion diatribe, ever since Meryl Streep was Miranda Priestly) cropped silk Navajo-esque top.





I'm Over it: Half-off frappuccino day makes for long lines at Starbucks...and for Starbucks bathrooms. Not good when ya gotta go.


Track of the Day: This song is being used in a recent McDonald's commercial, but it's never a long enough clip for me to Shazam it. Then I heard it at one of my go-to stores and was, thankfully, able to Shazam away. Here's "Shooting Stars" by Bag Raiders.

It's too bad that a video for the song that starts out interesting enough turns into uber cheese at the end, though.





* Photos property of nymag.com, legarconne.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

2 Comments:

Anonymous The Anthology said...

I am going to hunt down that Dolce Vita top. It is too beautiful for words.

*Kelsey

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Cathy R. Kessler said...

I have checked out the wish list of dresses. Wonderful collection accessories for women . I'm totally impressed. Beautiful outfit looking very cute and amazing dresses. Specially the necklace is really standard and good looking. Keep up updating the post regularly....

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home